Methods of exploration of gold, diamond and hydrocarbons fields with use of remote sensing data
Objective: Prediction and assessment of potential hydrocarbon traps based on the basis of a detection and analysis:
- structural forms of the sedimentary cover;
- modern local geodynamic anomalies;
- zones of mineral neoplasms (land + sea) and oppression vegetation.
Is made in accordance with the regulations of the Ministry of Natural Resources of the Russian Federation about the stages of exploration
The input data for the analysis are:
- Imagery data of the study area
- Digital model of the topography/bathymetry
- Digital models of the gravitational and magnetic fields
- General geological and geophysical information
Geographic information system (GIS) is a tool for real comprehensive analysis of heterogeneous data.
Methods of the Earth remote sensing which are used in the technology:
- radar and multispectral space imaginary data;
- spaceborne altimetry;
- space magnetometry;
- airborne gravimetry;
- space imaginary data;
Stage 1 (space):
- regular pattern of geological structure;
- map of potential hydrocarbon traps with the ranking of their prospects;
- materials for evaluation of prognostic resources
Stage 2 (aero-space):
- evidence of traps based on a comprehensive interpretation of geologic-geophysical and aero-space materials;
- selection of local zones deconsolidation (maximum inflows of hydrocarbons);
- recommendations for placement of exploratory and production wells;
- materials for evaluation of localized resources and performances further seismic works.
The result is:
- science-based slicing licensed blocks;
- ranking of license blocks according to the degree of prospects;
- evaluation of oil and gas resources (million tons million cubic meters, million tonnes of (tonnes of equivalent fuel);
- evaluation and justification of the cost of the license blocks.
Position of Chavaam ring structure (yellow) on the topographic map.
Chavaam structure(3) strongly deformed by faults North - East and
the North - Western stretch (in green).
In the Central partof Chavaam structure identified ore field (4).